2021 Inspiring Knitting Resolutions
This is a new year, set up for new opportunities to start something new and perhaps finish other chapters of last year.
With the challenges that 2020 has brought up, we look for this new year as a symbolic way to move past all the challenges.
Fiber arts like knitting are still a great, therapeutic way to focus our mental energy on something creative and meditative.
Let’s look at this new year 2021 as a new way to feel together even though we are apart.
Here are a few Knitting Resolutions that ought to inspire you:
- Knitting something new from a chart
- Creating your own chart
- Completing a whole new project you’ve never done before
- Trying a new type of pattern that you’ve never done before (colorwork, cables, reversible, in the round, shadow knitting)
- Joining online groups: live streams (like ours), forums like knitting paradise, Reddit knitting, Facebook groups, etc.
- Start a swatch scrapbook or collection.
- Using a different fiber you’re not used to
- Mixing techniques like Knitting with a Crochet edge.
- Starting a Pinterest must-do project board
- Enter some giveaways (like our 10 Year Anniversary giveaways)
- Start on your Christmas or birthday gifts early
- Make an artistic sketch to visualize your next project
- Find some great patterns on Ravelry and join other communities there as well
It is all about getting creative with your knitting and improving your skills.
Feeling inspired to knit and improving on this amazing, relaxing, and fun skill.
We are willing to hear out some suggestions as well. What are YOUR Knitting Goals for this year?