Been meaning to do a recap of this Spring’s hottest trends in fiber arts, specifically to enhance your Knitting and Crochet projects.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost for you. Thank you for checking them out.
We’ve assembled a list of great resources, inspiration, and ideas. So here we go:
- Pompoms and tassels: these are great for decorating sandals, shawls, crochet vests, knitted swimsuits or home decor projects. To make it easier, you can use the Loome Tool and follow along with the Loome Party book, which is as fun as it looks. I just got mine and I’ve made a couple of friendship bracelets with tassels already.
- Shawls that remind us of the Ocean: wavy ocean colors, open net shawls that can be worn as a scarf or around your waist. You can create your own shawl by following along with our Knitted Waves pattern or get an already made pattern like this:
- Wall Hangings: a while back we made a blog post on these knitted and crochet wall hangings, but you can really make any wall hanging with a lace pattern or with weaving. Some great ones to use are the Small Butterflies , the Dandelion Lace, the Crochet Shell, Crochet Solomon’s Knot and many more. You can also make a great Dream Catcher like this one, available through this tutorial.
- Mandala mats: these are an excellent project idea for this season. Something quick and easy to make and also make excellent gifts. You can find many designs on Pinterest.
- Crochet Flowers: these are super quick and easy to make and are great for making wreaths, flower bouquets, hair broaches, and other great spring-inspired projects.